The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the Provisional chemistry specimen for 2018/2019 may/June examination.
PROVISIONAL CHEMISTRY SPECIMEN FOR WASSCE 2018
In addition to the fittings and reagents normally contained in a chemistry laboratory, the following apparatus and materials will be required by each candidate
1. one burette of 50cm3 capacity
2. one pipette, either 20cm3 or 25cm3. All candidates at one centre must use pipettes of the same volume. These should be clean and free from grease
3. The usual apparatus for Titration
4. the usual apparatus and reagents for qualitative work including th following with all reagents appropriately labelled.
5. glass rod
6. filtration apparatus
8. two boiling tubes
9. four test tubes
10. wash bottle containing distilled/deionized water
11. mathematical table/calculator..
Each candidate should be supplied with the following, Where ‘n’ is the candidate’s serial number.
1. 150cm3 of ethanedioic acid (H2C204) solution in a corked flask or bottled labelled ‘An’. These should all be the same containing 4.50g of H2C204 per dm3 of solution.
2. 150cm3 of potassium
tetraoxomanganate (VII) solution in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 3.16g of KlVinO4 per dm3 of solution.
3. One spatula of a uniform mixture of NaCl and ZnC03 in a specimen bottle labelled ‘Cn’. The comp of the mixture should be in th 1:1 by mass.
Source: my school gist